NZTA-approved licence translations

Coming to New Zealand on holiday and wanting to hire a car or drive? Or maybe you already live here and want to convert your licence? I can translate your licence for you!

The New Zealand Transport Agency requires drivers with foreign licences to hold either an international licence or an NZTA-approved translation of their licence in order to drive in New Zealand. The same requirement is enforced by car hire companies. If you have been in New Zealand for over 12 months, you will need to convert your licence in order to continue driving and NZTA will ask you for a translation produced by one of their approved translators. For more information, click here.

I am approved by NZTA to produce certified translations of driver licences (French to English). I charge a set fee for driver licence translations and accept payment in euros or NZ dollars. To produce a translation, I require your postal address and a good quality scan of both sides of your licence. Once everything has been received, your translation will normally be issued within two business days.

You will need to present the authorities/hire company with a physical copy of the certified translation. I can either post the translation to you (standard postage included in the price) or I can email you a pdf which you will need to print off yourself (high quality colour printing).

For those already in New Zealand, I charge $75 including GST per licence (paid to my NZ account). If you are overseas, the price is €50 (paid to my Belgian account).

It’s simple and quick to get a translation. Contact me today and let’s get you on the road!

Kathryn Malan – Translator – French to English – New Zealand